Syariah-Compliant Automated Chicken Processing System
- An automated monitoring and control system
- Capability of storing the status data in the database up to one month
- Using modern vision inspection system to verify cut is halal
- Industrial Collaborator: Mumtaz Meat & Marine Foods Sdn Bhd, Ayam 3P Sdn Bhd
Intelligent Diagnostics Of Power Transformer (ADAPT)
- Intelligent diagnostic of power transformer with comprehensive database management system
- Advance warning and early detection of faults
- Industrial Collaborator:Tenaga Nasional Bhd
KENALKAYU – Automatic Tropical Wood Recognition System
- State-of-the-art pattern recognition technology
- Equipped with a database of more than 100 important tropical wood species obtained from authentic source.
- Lighting exposure from environment automatically controlled
- Received patent in 2012
- Industrial Collaborator: – Forest Research Institute of Malaysia
Retrofit Electronic Control Unit For Small Carbureted Engines (Retrofit ECU)
- Replace carburettor with fuel injection system.
- Can reduce fuel usage by 20%, suppress exhaust emission by up to 47% with 80% improvement in power delivery.
- Industrial Collaborator: Apt Touch Sdn. Bhd, Zecttron Sdn. Bhd.
SESAK TM – A Crowd Simulation Software
- Useful tool to study crowd behaviours and patterns for effective crowd management.
- Simulate crowd movement in 2-D & 3-D view.
- Allow customised space/environment design and various viewing angles.
- Industrial Collaborator: Prasarana Bhd.
Precision Farming – Autonomous Robot Positioning System
- Small robot designed to perform autonomous monitoring operation in chicken farms
- Cameras provide quick situational awareness of a chicken shed
- Studies problems related to autonomous navigation and mapping for mobile robots in a priori unknown environments
- Aims to allow the mobile robots with the ability to autonomously navigate and map their environment, while maintaining their robustness against parameter uncertainties.
- Research works include the Dynamic Region Boundary-Based Control Scheme for an Underwater Vehicle and Geometric Formation Control of Multiple Autonomous Underwater Vehicles
Bio-Inspired Inchworm/Leech Robot For Soft Hand Application
- Contribute to a highly development of a better biologically inspired robot
- Can be used as robot hand and for inspection (e.g: in-pipe inspection for investigation purposes)
- Industrial Collaborator: Animosta Studios Sdn. Bhd
Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV)
- AGV is a reliable Automated Guided Vehicle to deliver goods from one location to another automatically.
- Suitable to be used in production line, store, office, or any working environments where routine point-to-point deliveries are required
- Reduce labor cost
- Industrial Collaborator: DF Automation Sdn. Bhd
Compact Rehabilitation Robot
- Different modular units for different kind of training movements to fit patient’s needs
- Virtual reality to motivate the patient to train their motor function while exercising
- Integration of Malaysia’s local attraction to familiarizes and motivate patients
- Industrial Collaborator: National Stroke Association of Malaysia